Thursday, February 3, 2011

Goodwill Goodies........



I admit it.....I'm cheap! I love to get a good deal, whether it's using coupons to get cheap or free items, finding great deals at yard sales, the Thrift Store, or my favorite......hidden treasures at the Goodwill!

This last week I have found several really good deals. First off, I found this awesome little Villaware brand grill, which was brand new, it showed absolutely no signs of use at all!







It features the non-stick grill which removes for easy cleaning, and a pull out tray that catches all the fat and liquids, nice! I had a hunch this was an expensive little grill, so as usual, I went online when I got home to look it up. Sure enough.....the cheapest I could find it was on Amazon for around $60!!! I paid $3.99 at the Goodwill!!!! Not too shabby, and I have used it several times, and love it! I have grilled chicken, steaks, pork chops, and even used it as a Panini Press.


A couple days ago, I was browsing through the housewares section at the Goodwill, and came upon this little gem......




It is a Deni brand Ice Cream and Sorbet maker! It has been used, but is in excellent condition, with all the parts included, and even had the instruction book with it.....WOW!  So, I got it home, cleaned it up, and am just waiting for warmer weather so I can make some delicious homemade ice cream.

So, I looked it up online ( I just love seeing how good of a deal I got), and this one retails for around $40.....and I paid $4.99 at the Goodwill!! So I paid around $10 for both these items that would have been at least $100 if bought new......and they both are in perfect working condition!

So, what good deals have you gotten at either a yard sale, Goodwill, or a Thrifty Store? I love to hear about everyone's great finds!

Totally unrelated, but I have been cleaning house and doing laundry all day today......... so I stripped my bed, took the sheets and blankets to the laundry room, and came back into the bedroom to this..........




Are you comfortable Greta?...... sure looks like it! That dog wears me out, but I love her!!

Have a great day everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Greta is adorable! Why is it that what is in your Goodwill is not ever in mine?! I have one of those Deni ice cream maker..you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta laying there so cute and comfy!! lol with her little legs crossed like a perfect little lady. How Cute is that! You did real well at Goodwill. I know I have given lots of nifty things that were never or hardly used. And lots of nice clothes. Some still with tags. You did really well! You are one nifty thrifty gal!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete